Aspect's | Rontvod Dev's Staff Application

Information

Full Roleplay Name: CT-5123 PVT Aspect

Discord Username: Vizzz#9465

Hours Played: 25ish Hours or more.

Timezone: PST

Questions

How long have you been playing Garry’s Mod?: I have been playing Gmod for at least four years now and have accumulated over 5000 hours. It is one of my favorite games.

Do you have any past applicable experience in a position of moderation?: Yes, on multiple servers starting with Imperium Gaming as a Moderator. Moving to another small community Holonet Gaming as a Head Administrator and then lastly on Superior Servers as a Moderator.

Are you capable of handling tough situations under pressure?: Yes, with ease from all of my previous experience has prepared me for plenty of situations. But I always have room to improve.

Do you coordinate well with others?: Of course, that’s what these servers are all about, good communication. It is a very important thing between a staff team and that is something that I can do well.

Why do you want to become an Everfall Moderator?: I feel that this server has a lot of potential and I would love to help out more. This server will grow and I’d love to help and be a part of it.

Why should we give you a position on the Everfall staff team?: With my previous experience and my ability to represent the sever with pride and uphold the rules to keep the server going. I believe that I would fill this position with still more room to grow.

Have you been previously reported or punished for infringing on our guidelines?: Not ever.

Do you have any experience with our moderation system, SAM?: No, but I’m able to adapt and learn.

Scenarios

Several players are randomly shooting at each other for fun in a semi-frequented area. What would you do?: I would first pm them all to tell them to stop want watch their fire and only shoot people in the designated areas. I would originally freeze them all and tell them to stop otherwise you banned for Mass but since this server is still growing I would go less harsh on them to try and keep the player base going.

Two players are engaged in a meaningless heated argument. What would you do?: I would try to step in as the middle man and try to defuse the situation. If the argument was to continue I would warn them to stop but in all reality, it should more be an in-game MP issue unless it gets heated enough. That being said if the MP would not deal with it as a last result I would mute both parties.

You notice a group of players actively disrupting an event via disobeying orders and shooting other players. What would you do?: This is a no, no. If they all started to open fire on others they will all be frozen and dealt with accordingly. I do not tolerate interruptions of events, it is unkind to everyone.

You are discussing with a high-ranking staff member why you believe they gave a player an incorrect punishment. You’re confident that they did, however, they believe you are simply mistaken. How would you deal with this situation?: If I really do believe this I would go around them to the next highest staff member available staff member and get their opinion on the matter. I would not get in an argument over a thing like this.

The server is mostly empty, primarily consisting of you and your squadmates. They beg you to provide them with a small simulation, some ships to fly around in, and a few big guns to mess around with. What would you do?: Since I would only be a mod I would not be able to do much but with that being said I would give them something to do within reason to keep people active. I wouldn’t leave until either I had to go or they had to. I would never leave them alone with certain items and things I gave them to do.

I thank you for your time and for considering me for this position.

1 Like

This is something we will be adding to the moderator application form today so sadly I need to specify with you.

Would you be willing/capable of assisting in 1-2 events per week (per gm request). We try to use moderators as junior gms as there isn’t that much need for moderation yet. Moderators helping GMs allow us to only use 1 per event. Meaning less workload on them.

Outside of that would you say your age affects your judgment often?

I find all your responses to the questions thoughtful and clear. We have to be careful with banning people at such an early stage. Since our community is still growing we can afford to help and rehabilitate trouble makers rather than outright banning them. Which your answer did reflect.

Would you be willing/capable of assisting in 1-2 events per week (per gm request). We try to use moderators as junior gms as there isn’t that much need for moderation yet. Moderators helping GMs allow us to only use 1 per event. Meaning less workload on them. Yes of course the GMs are a very vital asset to the team. I would be honored to help.

Outside of that would you say your age affects your judgment often? To be really honest I wish this question didn’t even need to be considered. But that being said, no my judgment is not affected by age. I belive that all judgment be should be thought out and all the facts taken in for consideration.

We decided to take around a week for our response as we were curious to see if your last message would hold true and to allow the staff to form an opinion on you.

Your dedication and activity on the server is admirable and very welcomed. It has not gone unnoticed how much you play daily, at this point you may be seen as an EU regular.

As you are a 31st we were able to gauge how you handle conflict, sadly I received 4 complaints about your actions as a 31st so far which shook my trust in your last statement regarding your judgment.

Finally, a lack of patience has been apparent with you in many situations, while also jumping to conclusions. Those two traits alongside your general choice of accusatory and defensive wording sadly lead to this application being denied.

Thank you for your application.