Kriegers GM App

Information
Full Roleplay Name: CT-0901 SGT Krieger
Discord Username: [Redacted]#9461
Hours Played: 20h as of writing.
Time Zone: CST

Questions
How long have you been playing Garry’s Mod?: 5825h worth of time over the course of like 5-5years.
Do you have any past applicable experience as a Gamemaster or a similar position?: Yes, I have buin GM for a few Small servers(whose names i can’t remember) and an Imperial server(undead)

Do you have any past applicable experience in writing in-depth and exciting stories?: Yes I enjoy making stories in my spare time, characters for Dnd and Encounters.

What do you think is the most common mistake to make when running an event?: Focusing on one type of enemy unit rather than a Variety. Zombie Events(There can be a Good Z-events but it’s usually just Z-spam). Split groups without proper planning. And Imbalance in music/silence.

What was the biggest mistake you have seen a Gamemaster make and how would you fix it?: I don’t know any BIG mistakes off the top of my head but lack of story or purpose kills the mood for me. (I would have also said Crashing the Server but that’s a hallmark for Everfall atm…)

Are you capable of adapting to and handling an event that does not go as planned?: Yes.

Are you familiar with Garry’s Mod’s default tools and mechanics?: Yes.

Do you prefer to work alone or coordinate with others? Why?: I don’t really have a preference, maybe leaning more to Alone due to Autism since it hampers my ability to Explain verbally but I can still work with others.

Why do you want to become an Everfall Gamemaster?: I wanna make good Events so server can keep pogging, and so that people have a Great Experience.

Why should we give you a position on the Everfall staff team?: There’s buin a drought of Events which hurts player Interest, and I’d like for that to not happen.

Have you been previously reported or punished for infringing on our guidelines?: No.

Do you have any past experience with our moderation system, SAM?: No.

This application is now under review by the staff team.

+1

Shows promise and experience.

I feel he can bring in more story-based events.

+1

Has tons of experience and shows incredible promise. Would make an excellent addition to the gamemaster team. The past story writing experience is another bonus.

Neutral/0

Good application for the most part. Most questions were fleshed out to give us a basic understanding of how you have faired in the past.

One concern:

Seeing the answer to this question, myself as a gamemaster I don’t get a gist of how you handle under pressure and of course since we are humans we will make mistakes. I think this question should be expanded upon to give us a scenario where it has happened or you should be able to state a few qualities you may have that would deal with the question at hand. Personally seeing events you have FM’ed for, I think personally it’s a hit or miss whether you are capable of handling an event that does not go as planned or being capable of adapting. Not to sound harsh.

Other than the concern stated I feel the rest of the application is pretty well fleshed out and gives us a good idea of how you are as stated previously.

Well, I wanted to give myself some time to review this and found the perfect opportunity with voidrans great question. As that question hasn’t gone answered in 12 days I will just bump with my own + his question.

How active do you see yourself, and what 2 days of the week would work best for you.

I Don’t know what Question you are referring to, and to answer the Latter Ive buin busy in terms of Life duties/work but I can get on anytime after Morning. I Don’t really know what Two days would be good for me since my schedule can change but I try to keep Fridays clear to chill out.

^ As per the days, no stress on that end. Not a requirement just a bonus we look for

That isn’t a Question just Him saying i didn’t give a good response. I answered ‘Yes’ because I don’t know what to tell ya, there’s alota things that can happen that might Throw off an event Either from Poor planning or the Players doing something out of the Blue. Also Skilu.

That’s not an excuse, I pointed something out as a statement, normally people would go about trying to provide an adequate reply to the statement.

That part is kind of a really poor attitude response to the question. That’s like you going to a job interview them saying what’s your weak attributes and going ‘I dunno, I don’t know what you want me to say’. Not really an attitude people want to work with.

Regarding this though that is actually a very fair point. What I get from this question is to try and provide and situations you have seen/ done and what have you seen to try and change it or changed yourself to help with an event not going to plan.

Denied. Do not re-apply for 24 hours. Let’s pay closer attention to the application feedback next time.